Have you ever heard of the term Summer Vibes? Well, here’s a quick definition...
Summer Vibes /ˈsəmər vībs/ (n.) - a feeling of happiness and warmth created by the undeniable fact that it’s summer and no longer winter.
Summer vibes happened this morning when you and your friends gathered in your backyard for brunch on your new patio set. It happened a little later, too, when you sank into the plush cushions of your outdoor sectional just as a warm breeze grazed your face. And it’ll happen, again, tonight when your family huddles around the fire pit to roast marshmallows.
There’s one thing, however, that could put a stop to all the fun: DIRTY OUTDOOR FURNITURE
So, here’s a quick guide on how to keep your outdoor furniture clean!
FOR TEAK AND WICKER
PRO TIP: Before you buy a commercial wood cleaner, make sure to read the directions! Sometimes Wicker and other painted woods need a diluted solution.
1. Due to the natural crevices in wicker furniture, every few weeks, hose the it down with water and let it air dry!
2. To keep your furniture shiny and clean, use a microfiber rag,a mild oil-based soap, and warm water to wipe away debris.
CAST IRON, WROUGHT IRON, AND ALUMINUM
3. Get rid of rust by wiping down metals with a 1 to 1 solution of white vinegar and water!
4. You can also sand down the rust and re-apply a rust resistant coat of paint afterwards if necessary!
5. Prevent rust by avoiding common rust-causers like ammonia and TSP
6. Consider applying a coat of automotive wax to your metal after cleaning for added protection!
7. Pick up a glass-repair kit from your local automotive retailer to fix any scratches.
8. The best way to get rid of dirt here is by using dish detergent, warm water and a microfiber towel!
9. Cover glass whenever it’s not in use!
10. Don’t forget the underside of the table! Regular cleaning, here, will prevent permanent staining!
- Nuvella is made from eco-friendly solution dyed synthetic fibers that combat staining and fading.
- It can be cleaned with bleach without losing
- Looks great!
With these tips you’ll be saying hello to those summer vibes in no time!